City Utility Bills
Water, Sewer, and Garbage
The City of New Buffalo's bill for water, sewer, and garbage services is mailed out ever other month for services used in the prior billing cycle. City utility bills typically include:
- WR: Water Ready to serve – This fee is charged for having water ready for your use, regardless of whether any water is used or not.
- WU: Water Usage - Actual usage.
- SR: Sewer Ready to serve – This fee is charged for having sewer service ready for your use, regardless of whether sewer service is used or not.
- SU: Sewer Usage – Actual usage.
- GB: Garbage Bill – Recycling and waste collection service is billed regardless of whether this service is used or not.
Payment of City Utility Bills
- Payments are due the last day of the month.
- A 10% penalty will be applied after that date.
- All payments made to the City must be paid by check or cash. Credit cards are accepted at City Hall or by paying online at www.cityofnewbuffalomi.gov along with a transaction fee of 3%.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 269-469-1500.
Water is one of our most valuable resources: Please Conserve!
Water Waste at 40 lbs. Pressure.
A 1/32” Leak Wastes 170 Gallons in 24 Hours
A 1/16” Leak Wastes 970 Gallons in 24 Hours
A 1/8” Leak Wastes 3,600 Gallons in 24 Hours
A 1/4” Leak Wastes 11,030 Gallons in 24 Hours
So, to be safe:
* Check every faucet and toilet for leaks —
Even a slow leak can waste large amounts of water every day
* Repair leaks immediately